The Cascade Blues Association's annual Muddy Awards Celebration honors local, regional, national and international stars of the blues. There were a total of 22 awards handed out (nothing to do with the fact that this is the 22nd annual show). Over 1,000 CBA members participate in the Muddy Awards process. For more information you can visit their website by clicking here.
Washington Blues Society gave an award to the Robbie Laws Band. Robbie is more known in Oregon. So, it appears that blues fans in both states are reaching across the Columbia River to shake hands and hug each other---and that is a good thing!
Here are all of the 2010 CBA Muddy Award winners:
- Contemporary Blues Act: Ty Curtis Band
- R&B Act: Curtis Salgado
- Traditional Blues Act: Kevin Selfe and The Tornadoes
- New Act: Billy D & The Hoodoos
- Regional Act: Karen Lovely Band
- "Duffy Bishop" Female Vocalist: Karen Lovely
- "Curtis Salgado" Male Vocalist: Ty Curtis
- Electric Guitar: Robbie Laws
- Acoustic Guitar: Terry Robb
- Bass: Lisa Mann
- Drums: Jimi Bott
- Harmonica: Jim Wallace
- Keyboards: Dover Weinberg
- Venue: Trail's End Saloon
- NW Recording: Ty Curtis Band "Cross That Line"
- National Recording: Joe Bonamassa "Black Rock"
- Performance of the Year: Karen Lovely Band at the Waterfront Blues Festival
- NW Event: Waterfront Blues Festival
- Hurley Award (for stage production and behind the scenes) : Lynn Wymore
- Back What You Believe In (for non-musician) : Dan Dalton
- Lifetime Achievement: Duffy Bishop
Below are a few pictures of some Muddy Award winning perfromers in their natural habitat. I took these photos over the last year. You can also click here to browse pictures from the awards event taken by Kat Rose Photography.