Inland Empire Blues Society (IEBS) gave The Coeur d’Alene Blues Festival the award for Best Blues Event in 2011. The organizers hope to improve this festival every year and show everyone why they earned the award. In keeping with their award win, they have chosen all IEBS award winners to perform this year with over 20 awards given amongst all the acts joining the festival, as well as TWO international touring acts. The organizers are predicting this to be the BEST Coeur d’Alene Blues Festival ever, and cover the blues from Acoustic, to Electric Slide, to Rocking originals, to R&B and back again. Read below to find out more...
A Summary of Festival Events Includes:
- Delta Preachers, winners of the Best Acoustic Blues Act from the IEBS in the newly remodeled Whispers Lounge Friday & Saturday afternoon 4-6:30PM
- Boat Cruise and Dock Party on Friday March 30th. 7:00PM
- Sammy Eubanks In The Splash Lounge Friday night 9:30PM
- Four Great Bands in the Resort Convention Center Saturday March 31st 7PM: Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings, Coco Montoya, Big Mumbo Blues Band, and Kenny James Miller Band
- The Fat Tones in Splash Lounge on Saturday 9:30PM
- Gospel Brunch featuring The Spokane Community Gospel Ensemble at Dockside Restaurant on Sunday April 1st 10:30-1:30PM
The Main EventThe Coeur d’Alene Resort’s Convention Center will host a party that includes 2 stages and 4 incredible bands on Saturday, March 31st. With a stage on each end, there is no down time. Two stages of Blues make for a seamless transition from one band to the next. This party starts at 7PM, The 2012 Four Band lineup includes:
7PM - Big Mumbo Blues Band
8:30PM - Roy Rogers & The Delta Rhythm Kings
One of the two international headliners, Roy Rogers is arguably the best slide guitarist performing today. He has had 8 Grammy nominations as a producer and performer. He has received numerous accolades for his songwriting (Grammy Nomination for ‘Song for Jessica’, Grammy nomination with Bonnie Raitt on ‘Gnawin’ On It which he co-wrote), as well as his work on movie soundtracks and television.
10PM - Coco Montoya
Critics rave and audiences adore this true master of the electric blues. His last album, I Want It All Back , was produced by Keb Mo’ and Blues Revue said, "Blistering contemporary blues... piercing attack, funky, shivery guitar tones and aggressive, soulful vocals." The Village Voice declared, "The fiery blues that issue forth from Coco Montoya's guitar are awe-inspiring and boogie requiring." A self taught guitar slinger who plays with an emotional intensity few string benders possess, he plays left-handed and up side down in the style of Albert King and Jimi Hendrix. He has played every major Blues Festival around the world and is a favorite performer at every one of them.
11:30PM - Kenny James Miller Band
On Friday and Saturday in the Coeur d’Alene Resort’s Splash Lounge two of the areas most popular dancing blues bands play.
Sammy Eubanks. Award winning vocalist and favorite frontman Sammy Eubanks and his band will rock the house. His last album Riding Alone just won Best Blues Album from the IEBS and he was also awarded Best Male Vocalist by The Washington State Blues Society. Also, be prepared to dance.
The Fat Tones, so if you don't catch them on the blues cruise you can catch them here. Smoking hot blues and a favorite regional dance band, this one is fun. Bobby Patterson is also an IEBS winner this year, for Best Blues Guitarist. “Their harmonies are amazing, Bobby Patterson’s guitar playing is world class, and their songs are guaranteed to make you dance.” –Robert Horn W.B.S. Bluesletter
A Gospel Brunch will close the Festival on Sunday, from 10AM to 2PM
The Shore Lounge will host the Spokane Community Gospel Ensemble featuring a cappella vocalists made up from the Spokane Community Gospel Mass Choir.
Ticket , Lodging and Other Information...
- Tickets for Festival are $23. You can add the Blues Cruise to that for $12. The Blues Cruise separately is $20.
- Tickets and room packages are available thru the Coeur d’Alene Resort business office at 1-800-688-5253 or online at http://www.cdaresort.com/.
- Festival info at: http://www.cdabluesfestival.com or on Facebook HERE